- Select location for new drain field
- Select soils engineer to conduct soil analysis in desired location
- Engineer generates written soils test report.
Key points: Average Percolation Rate, 0-60 in./min. Soil type – ie: sand, clay, sandstone, bedrock Number of bedrooms in house – NOT bathrooms
- If APR is greater than 60, or depth to bedrock is less than 6 ft., have engineer design a system (Engineer Designed System).
- Take soils test report (and engineers design) to County health department and fill out permit application.
- Provide copy of permit and design to Douglas County Septic for price estimate.
- Upon issuance of repair permit, construction may begin.
- Agree with Douglas County Septic on start work time.
- Douglas County Septic will call for inspections and backfill system
- System is backfilled and graded (seeding optional).
- Health Department/Engineer mails Certifications Letter to homeowner. Process